Today I am feeling the same way all over again

Sunday, September 03, 2006

The day I met Bruce Willis in Nairobi

Its true guys... and I wasn't alone. Was with most of my colleagues, and they saw him; they probably saw him first, but no one would approach him. We all weren't sure it was him. It was just an ordinary lunch time at Java Adams.

A film crew had taken a table in the sun. Their huge Toyota Landcruiser was parked next to the KPLC office... next to Java Adams. A figure emerged from the Landcruiser, black jeans shorts, black t-shirt, huge dark sunglasses and a black baseball hat almost pulled over the glasses. My colleague from the US shouted, "That's Bruce Willis!", we all turned to look. It was him! He walked to the film crew who were waiting for their food, talked to them, then walked back to the Landcruiser. It had to be him. Why the dark glasses and pulled baseball cap? Why not join the film crew for lunch or a coffee? why stay alone in the Landcruiser. He was reading a book. I bet his next movie would be from that novel and he was doing his homework.

Back at our table, we obviously hadn't seen enough to be sure. We thought it was him but had doubts. I hate small mysteries. I stood up and approached the vehicle. I was going make everything clear for everybody. My colleagues are all American, so they were all pretty excited. They watched me in anticipation.

I didnt go directly at the vehicle. I imagined a buff security guy kneeing and elbowing before my lunch. I wanted lunch first. So I walked way past the Landcruiser went 10 metres past it and turned back to it and walked super-slowly. He had opened a back window and was leaning on it, still reading his book. I approached that window.

4 Comments:

Blogger gishungwa said...

Welcome to blogger.* doing the dance*
first here ever Yaay!. Please please please finish the story us lurkers would like to know the truth the whole truth and nutin but it.

Tue Sep 05, 05:59:00 AM 2006

 
Blogger Migz said...

True Lies kabisa! Wait...that was someone else's movie....

gishungwa..ishungwa...your doppelganger, ama?

Wed Sep 06, 01:03:00 PM 2006

 
Blogger Samurai Ich said...

Gishungwa (http://gishungwa.blogspot.com) is a real person blogging away in Nairobi. I should blog a story of how I was confused when pple thought I was her on Potash's blog (http://potashke.blogspot.com)

Sat Sep 09, 10:25:00 PM 2006

 
Blogger GolDeNlockS said...

doppelganger?, wehr zu wem?.. ist "ICH" auch ein deutscher?.. but hey why should it be a lieMEETIN BRUCE WILLIS, film actors, models, musicians, u meet em every where. why didnt u go and talk to him, atleast u would hve gve him some compliments on some movies hes done finito.

Sun Dec 07, 06:49:00 PM 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home